Tuesday, February 5

Reality Check

I suppose it should be time that I gave an update on all the shit I've been going through...

Ok... so not ALL of it is shit, but most of it was.

Oh, where shall I start?

The last post was written at the lowest point I hit. Where everything was bleak. Work was crushing me, my life was empty and cold. I hit rock bottom. I wondered, did I make the right choice? Oh my god, what did I let go of?

I dreamed of what could have been. I dreamed of what should have been.

Then I realised, I made the right decision. It wasn't the smartest thing to do, but it was the right thing to free me, to free us, to let us open our eyes to see and to change.

I would like to think I have changed.

In the last 3 months, I have gone through so much more than I have in the last few years. I let go, and it is an exhilarating feeling. I let go of my bitterness, my fear, my pain, my emptiness.

In return, I got love, support, excitement and most of all, I met new people. People i would never have met, people who have enriched my life in ways I never thought possible.

I learned more about myself through them then I ever could have alone.

I am not alone. I get lonely, but I am never alone.

I got over them both. I got over myself.

It really takes something like this to learn who your true friends are. They are the ones that give you advice, that smack you on the head for making the wrong decision, then open their arms when you come crying to them. They never judge, they listen, and they accept you for who you are.

Thank you, for standing by me and not judging me. Thank you for kicking me in the arse and getting me on my feet. Thank you most of all, for just being there when I needed you the most.

You know who you are. I love you. All of you. Thank you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

:D happy for u brother gen..

\>.<'/

do ur best in the time to come k?

catch up soon..

2/09/2008 11:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home